Friday, August 22, 2008

An Open Letter to Telemarketers


Dear Telemarketers,

Stop calling. I'm not going to buy anything, increase my long distance plan, or donate money to the blind. Out of pure principle, I am going to hang up on you as soon as you refer to me as "Mrs. Howerton" or "the lady of the house." I understand that it's your job, the way you put food on the table or gas in your tank. The click you hear on my end of the line is not meant to hurt your feelings. I simply refuse to listen to your 15 minute diatribe. Really, you leave me no choice. There's not even a space in the conversation to tell you no. You immediately launch into your salespitch, ignoring the fact that I DID NOT ASK YOU TO CALL!!!

You always call when we're eating dinner, rushing out the door, or in the middle of an important family discussion. My answer is no. No. No. No.

You have been warned.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, this sounds so familiar!!! Except that our "no" is communicated in a different language and so is their sales spill, but whatever... :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your link. I hope to see you back on my Just Humor Me! meme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! we just never answer our home phone!! Lonnie and I made a pact a while back that we will never buy or order anything over the phone--no donations, nothing!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - your opinion matters.