Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

This week is a special week for me. More special than most. I happened to receive a free one week pass to one of the glitziest gyms I've ever been to. It was a friend of a friend who works there kind of thing. This particular gym is right across the street from Microsoft headquarters if that helps give you an idea about the caliber of place I'm talking about. I went today for the first time and was astounded. Marble countertops, pools, restaurants, locker rooms with steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, and a full service spa. As I wandered the halls, I felt like an imposter. I tried to play it cool. I tried to act like I was used to everything, that it was just no big deal. Inside I was like a 4 year old at Disneyland for the first time.

I am going to this gym everyday for the next 7 days. Every possible free perk I can find, I will consume!

After working out, I decided to stop at the concierge desk and ask about some of the group exercise classes. I found out that they cost additional money, so I smiled politely and wished him a pleasant afternoon. He looked up from his computer and said, "Hey, did you drop some change?" I turned around and saw 5 quarters on the ground behind me. "No, I don't think so.." I replied. After contemplating the fact that 5 quarters equaled half a latte, I said "But, they're quarters, ...I'l take 'em!" With tremendous entusiasm, I bent down to scoop them up.

Yeah, they were glued to the ground.

As soon as I bent over, half the staff in the area started cracking up. Joke was on me, the girl with the guest pass......

4 comments:

  1. oh shoot...that is awesome! I wish I could have been there to see it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is horrible. I HATE April fools. I have never been the practical joker type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEIRD, i stumbled accross your blog, through neely's, through my good friend jody landers' blog. our family used to be members at occ, when we lived in the great nw! you taught your first vbs with my MIL, from san diego. the world is small. blessings to your family from ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie, I'm so glad I found your blog! I love it. It makes me miss you! I really was just looking for your address so Olivia could send a long overdue letter to Alex! I should have it, but I don't, so could you shoot it to me? Thanks. By the way - did I mention I love your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - your opinion matters.