Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yo

Today on the way home from coaching soccer practice (GO FIREDOGS!), I had the privilege of listening to my daughter and our neighbor, Grace, try their hand at rapping. They were screaming their raps at innocent pedestrians who likely wondered what kind of mother lets her kids scream at pedestrians.

"Yo, yo, yo. My name is Joe!
We're freaky, freaky fresh. Freaky, freaky fresh!
Yo, yo yo. No, no no.
Word.
Peace out.

(Repeat.)"

Exciting times. I came home and took 2 Ibuprofen.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am dying laughing. This post is proof why having a blog is so great, so 10 years down the road you and your daughter will read this and LAUGH. I love how you appreciate and find the humor in the little things. It's so great in this day and age where parents are often multi-tasking...talking on the phone in the car etc...etc... and they often miss the priceless times like this.
    Great story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. But why are they dropping rhymes from 1986?

    Freaky fresh?? Has that been said in this decade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I won't lie, I say YO a lot! In fact, that's typically greeting between 3 friends and I..."hey yo"..gosh I guess we never grow up do we?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment - your opinion matters.