I'm writing to ask for your focused prayers as we wait on disorganized agencies here in South Africa to produce a birth certificate. Our adoption was the first one processed in the entire country that is subject to new legislation enacted on July 1st and no one seems to know the new proper procedure for delivering this very simple document.
Also, we are encountering difficulty with Duzi's TB test. He's tested negative in both the skin test and the chest x-ray but, apparently the CDC in the United States is requiring a sputum test. This test adds considerable delay to our visa process, as final results can take up to 6 weeks. We are hoping to hear today that the CDC will waive the requirement.
We're headed to the Consulate today to beg and plead our way to a visa.
No matter what happens, Mike, Alex and Caleb will be home on July 23rd. If we don't have a visa for Duzi, he and I will be staying in South Africa until we can get one.
We need your prayers desperately as we try to navigate these unpredictable waters. We're feeling very discouraged and VERY ready to come home.
I will try to update the blog when I have more information....